Hair appearance is adjustable to suit our expression. Haircare is not time-consuming; it does not have to be. So how to keep hair healthy? We discussed hair in great detail in our post “Hair: Interesting Medley.” This post summarizes top tips and few insights.
An average person sheds about 100 hair every day. Several factors such as lack of sleep, proper diet, infection, illness, and stress can cause more hair to fall out. Can hair loss be restored? What is a good hair care routine? How to establish the right and sustainable hair care routine? These questions apply equally to men and women and we discuss a simple solution in three steps. Let’s explore!
A simple haircare routine:
1) Cleansing- A gentle cleanser would remove dirt, grime, pollutants, and dead skin without changing scalp pH or stripping the natural oils. We suggest a pH-balanced, natural hair bath and rub the scalp gently to remove the dirt and depositions.
2) Moisturizing/conditioning-One expects hair tangling after a hair wash as some loss of hair’s natural oil. A hair conditioner would restore the vital oils, allow detangling of hair and promote shine. A natural, pH-balanced hair conditioner would restore the scalp and hair’s natural oils without altering the chemical balance.
3) Oil/Serum application- a combination of hair oils and serum restores the scalp’s natural balance. Hair oil and serum kept overnight followed by hair cleansing and conditioning work the best. One may warm up the oil with gentle rubbing on the palm of the hand and rub gently onto the scalp. Hair Nourisher is a gentle fusion of organic hair and scalp friendly oils.
Natural oils can help strengthen hair follicles and help fight against common causes of hair loss. The oils nourish the scalp and hair follicle and support the hair strand fight against environmental factors. Several oils are known for centuries to protect hair and promote hair growth.
Bhringraj (common name-false daisy, INCI name-Eclipta prostata) is a member of the sunflower family. Bhringraj is known for hair-friendly properties for centuries.
1) Bhringraj is rich in vitamin E, and higher specific gravity allowing for better contact with the scalp.
2) Reduces scalp itching by reducing dandruff and dry scalp.
3) Improves blood flow to the scalp and thus reduces hair loss and promotes hair growth. One research in 2008 reported significant hair growth and reduced time to hair growth by the direct application of Bhringraj. The results were superior to Minoxidil’s direct application, a medicine commonly used to treat hair loss.
4) Reduces split ends of hair and increases shine.
5) Washes away easily for quick hair cleansing.
In addition to the above scalp and hair care routine, the role of good sleep, diet, and stress reduction are vital. Changing one’s lifestyle to suit organic living promotes hair health. Diet has an important role in maintaining the good health of our hair and skin. You can read more about the diet in our recent post- Does diet affect my skin?
- The pH of the scalp ranges from 3.5 to 5.0.
- Effective hair care principles- Cleansing, Conditioning, and Moisturizing.
- Use natural hair care products to minimize damage and delay greying of hair.
- Eat healthily, sleep well, and work on reducing stress.
If you are interested in reading more about hair, its composition, benefits, facts on hair growth, hair health, hair color, and ways to optimize hair health, we encourage you to read our post- hair: interesting medley.
We hope that you found this post informative and useful. Feel free to share our blog with others. Use this link- https://kusumcosmetics.com/blog.
Disclaimer-This website and content, comment, writing, or authors/contributors/writers do not provide or suggest medical, legal, or professional advice, opinion, or service. The information shared on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
How to keep hair healthy
how to keep hair healthy? 3 step solution.